- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Instant Workups: Clinical Guide to Medicine, by Theodore X. O'Connell, MD, is a portable pocket resource and quick refresher that helps you develop and refine your diagnostic skills. Practical and easy to use, it provides clear workup plans for the 70 most commonly encountered medical conditions, providing you with quick, focused guidance with the flexibility to adapt to each unique patient. Topics are organized alphabetically and cover the signs, symptoms, and abnormal lab readings for each condition. Replace information taken from memory or multiple references with one concise, indispensable book so you can make accurate diagnoses in less time!
• Covers the 70 most commonly encountered medical conditions to provide you with a practical and useful manual for daily practice.
• Reflects how a patient actually presents with an organization by presenting sign, symptom, or lab abnormality.
• Includes a brief background discussion on each topic, followed by lists of important related materials (such as medications that may contribute to each condition) and laboratory and/or radiographic tests to be ordered.
• Describes each diagnostic test so you can refresh or familiarize yourself with the purpose of the test.
• Provides a sound framework for building a workup with algorithms for each topic.
Look for these other titles in the Instant Workups series:
A Clinical Guide to Pediatrics
A Clinical Guide to Ob-Gyn
Posted September 25, 2008
In typical medical books, you look under the diagnosis and THEN read about how to diagnose it. But in reality, patient presents with signs, symptoms or abnormal labs and we need to work towards a diagnosis. This is where Instant Workup come in to play and is truly one of a kind. I would recommend this to all medical professionals.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.