Instructional Classroom Management: A Proactive Approach to Behavior Management / Edition 2by Craig B. Darch, Edward J. Kame'enui
Pub. Date: 04/16/2003
This comprehensive book presents a proactive behavior management system for decreasing behavior problems in the classroom and the school, plus a full range of strategies for correcting disruptive behavior once it has occurred. Coverage is based on the authors' belief that effective management strategies for any age or ability level must begin with an/b>
This comprehensive book presents a proactive behavior management system for decreasing behavior problems in the classroom and the school, plus a full range of strategies for correcting disruptive behavior once it has occurred. Coverage is based on the authors' belief that effective management strategies for any age or ability level must begin with an instructional analysis of the problem and be followed with a solution grounded in instructional principles and built on solid research. Featuring a research-based behavior management plan for an entire school year which illustrates the development of a proactive teaching plan, helps future teachers see how behaviors change over the course of a school year and how to adapt management to changing situations and needs. The research-based behavior management plan includes assessment, lesson plan creation, and a list of management strategies. Instructional examples throughout the material illustrate research-based guidelines for managing behavior in the classroom and school setting. Expanded list of reinforcement strategies includes strategies for use with learners of all ages and abilities. Chapter 7, Social Skills Instruction in the Classroom sets out a viable, research-based plan for both assessing and teaching critical social skills. Chapter 10, School-Wide Discipline and Instructional Classroom Management presents a proactive, research-based 180-day plan that can serve as a framework for a repertoire of strategies that will achieve discipline both in and out of the classroom. For future Special Education teachers.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.70(d)
Table of Contents
1. Classroom Management and the Context of Instruction.
2. Understanding Student Behavior: Translating Theoretical Perspectives into Effective Practice.
3. A Conceptual Framework for Instructional Classroom Management.
4. A Temporal Framework for Instructional Classroom Management.
5. Instructional Classroom Management Assessment.
6. Using Reinforcement to Increase Student Motivation.
7. Social Skills Instruction in the Classroom.
8. Punishment: A Transition Tool Only.
9. Managing Persistent Behavior Problems: Strategies and Examples.
10. School-Wide Discipline and Instructional Classroom Management: A Systems Approach.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >