Contents of the CD-ROM.
Preface to the Second Edition.
Pretest: On What Issues Do You Need to Improve Your Excellence as an Instructor?
Part One: Building a Foundation for Excellence.
1. Making a Difference: The Impact of Excellent Instructors.
2. Articulating the Roles and Responsibilities of Instructors.
3. Selecting Instructors: A Skill-Based Approach.
4. Communicating Expectations for Instructor Performance.
Part Two: Mastering the Tools of Instructor Excellence: Sixty Standards of Performance.
5. Being a Well-Prepared Instructor.
6. Generating Abundant Classroom Participation.
7. Building Effective Presentation Skills.
8. Adhering to Course Content and Sequencing.
9. Asking and Responding to Questions.
10. Using Training Aids to Enhance Learning.
11. Collecting and Making Sense of Evaluation Data.
Part Three: Managing Instructor Excellence.
12. Observing Instructors and Providing Feedback.
13. Recognizing and Rewarding Instructors.
14. Developing Instructors and Their Careers.
15. Ensuring the Success of Instructors.
1. Typical Classroom Problems.
2. Competencies for Training Delivery and Instruction.
About the Authors.
How to Use the CD-ROM.
Pfieffer Publications Guide.