Integrating Language Arts and Social Studies for Intermediate and Middle School Students / Edition 1by Richard D. Kellough
Pub. Date: 07/21/1995
Responding to the diversity that exists in today's classrooms, Kellough attempts to enhance the teaching (and therefore learning) of individual disciplines by connecting them to both the entire curriculum and the real world. The book begins by covering fundamentals important to all teachers of Grades 4-9, then provides examples, methods/b>/i>/b>… See more details below
Responding to the diversity that exists in today's classrooms, Kellough attempts to enhance the teaching (and therefore learning) of individual disciplines by connecting them to both the entire curriculum and the real world. The book begins by covering fundamentals important to all teachers of Grades 4-9, then provides examples, methods and activities for integrating the instruction of language arts and social studies.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.20(d)
Table of Contents(NOTE: Chapters begin with advance organizers and statement of chapter intent, and end with questions and activities for individual and group study and discussion.)
I. INTEGRATING STUDENT LEARNING: RATIONALE AND METHODS.
1. Learning and the Intellectual Development of Children.
2. Planning and Implementing a Supportive Environment for Learning.
3. Planning The Curriculum.
4. Daily Lesson Planning.
5. Assessment of Learning.
6. The Selection and Use of Aids and Resources.
II. METHODS AND ACTIVITIES FOR LANGUAGE ARTS.
7. Learning and the Language Arts.
8. Teaching Language Arts.
9. Extending Language Arts Across the Curriculum.
10. Action Plans and Activities for Language Arts.
III. METHODS AND ACTIVITIES FOR SOCIAL STUDIES.
11. The Social Studies.
12. The Sources of Subject Matter and Instructional Resources for the Social Studies.
13. Scope and Sequence Patterns in the Social Studies Curriculum.
14. Fostering Citizenship Competency: Developing and Applying Research and Analysis, Chronology and Spatial Skills.
15. Promoting Reflective Inquiry: Developing and Applying Concepts, Generalizations and Hypotheses.
16. Social Studies as the Integrating Core: Literacy, Literature and Culture.
17. Learner Involvement Through Activities.
IV. SELECTED INTEGRATED ACTIVITIES FOR LANGUAGE ARTS AND SOCIAL STUDIES.
18. Activities for Integrated Language Arts and Social Studies.
Ancient Greece: The Dawn of a New Age, An Interdisciplinary Thematic Unit (Grade 6).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >