Integrative Assessment of Adult Personality, Second Edition / Edition 2by Larry E. Beutler, Gary Groth-Marnat
Pub. Date: 07/09/2003
Publisher: Guilford Publications, Inc.
Now in a fully revised and expanded second edition, this landmark text gives students and clinicians a solid grounding in the most widely used approaches to adult personality assessment. Beyond providing state-of-the-science coverage of specific instruments, the volume delineates a clear framework for integrating data from a variety of sources. The focus is on using… See more details below
Now in a fully revised and expanded second edition, this landmark text gives students and clinicians a solid grounding in the most widely used approaches to adult personality assessment. Beyond providing state-of-the-science coverage of specific instruments, the volume delineates a clear framework for integrating data from a variety of sources. The focus is on using assessment results effectively to develop evidence-based treatment plans, provide appropriate client feedback, and prepare cohesive clinical reports. Thoroughly rewritten to reflect the latest findings, theories, and methods, the second edition includes an extended case example bringing key concepts to life. The recently developed Systematic Treatment Selection (STS) approach is described in depth, including information on computer-based applications. Other new chapters cover the California Psychological Inventory; working with culturally diverse clients and older adults; and special assessment settings, including forensic, psychiatric, and community mental health contexts.
- Guilford Publications, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Second Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.40(w) x 9.30(h) x 1.30(d)
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Integrative Assessment of Adult Personality, Larry E. Beutler, Gary Groth-Marnat, and Rita Rosner
2. Approaching the Patient: Referral Contexts, Test Selection, and Clinical Judgment, Larry E. Beutler and Gary Groth-Marnat
3. Identifying Treatment-Relevant Assessment: Systematic Treatment Selection, T. Mark Harwood and Oliver B. Williams
4. The Integrative Clinical Interview, David Mohr and Larry E. Beutler
5. Integrating Intelligence and Personality, Donald H. Saklofske, Elizabeth J. Austin, Gerald Matthews, Moshe Zeidner, Vicki L. Schwean, and Gary Groth-Marnat
6. The MMPI-2, James N. Butcher and Larry E. Beutler
7. The Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory-III, Paul D. Retzlaff and Thomas Dunn
8. The California Psychological Inventory, David A. C. Donnay and Timothy R. Elliott
9. The Rorschach, Radhika Krishnamurthy and Robert P. Archer
10. Integrative Personality Assessment in Special Settings, Ronald A. Stolberg, Bruce Bongar, and Gary Groth-Marnat
11. Integrative Personality Assessment with Older Adults and Ethnic Minority Clients, Forrest Scogin and Martha R. Crowther
12. Integrating and Applying Assessment Information: Decision Making, Patient Feedback, and Consultation, Richard W. Lewak and Sean R. Hogan
13. The Integrated Psychological Report
Steven Kvaal, James Choca, and Gary Groth-Marnat
Appendix A. Test Scores for Case Example R. W.
Appendix B. Test Publishers/Distributors
Appendix C. STS Analysis
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >