- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
"Does your teaching style need a make-over or at the very least a touch-up? This is the book you have been waiting for. It explains the theory / rationale for changing to an interactive method of teaching It is filled with ideas you can read today, integrate into your existing plans, and implement in your classroom tomorrow It explains specific strategies such as: writing prompts, games, drawing, photographs, unfolding cases, crsosswords, fishbone, focused questions, and more It includes innovative methods which will ignite your own creativity and put the spark back in your teaching It includes ideas you can use in clinical settings as well as in the classroom Developed by experienced nurse educators, each chapter show how to implement innovative, cooperative group teaching methods that make students active participants in learning rather than passive recipients of information. Based on a Comprehensive Group Learning Model, the experiential learning techniques described in the book are designed to encourage students to think, analyze, problem solve, communicate, and reflect on their own abilities.
• Changing Classroom Dynamics for Learning Communities
• The Comprehensive Group Learning Model and the Intricacies and Challenges of Group Interaction
• Using Cooperative Learning Strategies in Nursing
• Using the “Unfolding Case Model”
• Using Experiential Learning Strategies
• Writing as a Tool for Critical Thinking