Interactive Vocabulary: General Words / Edition 2by Amy E. Olsen
Pub. Date: 07/28/2003
The first (and lowest level) book in Olsen's vocabulary series, Interactive Vocabulary makes vocabulary enjoyable with innovative and interactive exercises, an engaging fourcolor design, highinterest readings, and an optional CDROM with word pronunciations and additional exercises. Engaging readings on topics like movies, time management, health, books, and art keep students interested while showing them how vocabulary is used in the context of a larger reading passage. The text encourages students to look for context clues to help them figure out the meaning of a word.For anyone interested in improving basic vocabulary skills.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- With Access Code Card
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.40(d)
Table of ContentsPronunciation Key.
1. Vocabulary Basics: Cafeteria Views.
2. College Life: An Exciting Adventure.
3. Time Management: Elizabeth's Time Management System.
4. Word Parts I.
5. Collecting: Finding a Treasure.
6. Travel: The Slide Show.
7. Computers: A New World.
8. Review: Focus on Chapters 1–7.
III: ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT.
9. Art: A Day at the Modern Art Museum.
10. Music: The Interview.
11. Books: A Fun Read.
12. Movies: Movie Favorites.
13. Word Parts II.
14. Fitness: A Healthy Body.
15. Personal Finance: A Healthy Wallet.
16. The World: A Healthy Environment.
17. Review: Focus on Chapters 9–16.
18. Personalities: As the Cookie Crumbles.
19. Friendship: Thank You for Everything.
20. Romance: The Flirting Seminar.
21. Word Parts III.
22. Cleopatra: Are the Rumors True?.
23. Kublai Khan: What the People Have to Say.
24. Simon Bolivar: From the Liberator's Journal.
25. Victoria Woodhull: The First Female Candidate for President.
26. Review: Focus onChapters 18–25.
Flash Card Appendix: Create Your Own Flash Cards.
Limited Answer Key.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >