Interior Design / Edition 4by John F. Pile
Pub. Date: 03/15/2007
Publisher: Penguin Group (USA)
By far the most attractive introduction to interior design as it is practiced today, this comprehensive survey focuses on exciting solutions to the real problems of modern environmental circumstances, both residential and commercial. Of the more than 750 photographs and diagrams, over 200-most in color-are new to this lavishly produced third edition and reflect the vision of the most creative professionals working today. John Pile's long-awaited revision of his highly regarded text features:
• six new detailed case studies of projects by such noted contemporary designers as Adam Tihany, Maya Lin, and Moneo Brock Studio.
• exciting coverage of the new "hot" topics in the field, including "green" design, fiber optic and LED lighting, the reconfigurable workplace, boutique hotels, and digital technology.
Every chapter has been updated in organization, content, and visual examples to reflect the newest developments in this exciting field.
- Penguin Group (USA)
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.98(w) x 11.76(h) x 1.71(d)
- Age Range:
- 18 Years
Table of Contents1. Introduction.
2. Design Quality.
3. Design Basics.
4. Design History.
5. The Design Process.
7. Human Factors and Social Responsibility.
8. Interior Design for Special Needs.
9. Materials and Their Uses.
14. Accessories, Art, Signage.
15. Mechanical Systems.
16. Special Purpose Spaces.
17. Public Interiors.
18. The Business of Interior Design.
Appendix 1: Architectural Symbols.
Appendix 2: Furniture Symbols.
Appendix 3: Electrical Symbols.
Appendix 4: Material Indications in Section.
Appendix 5: Estimating Material Requirements.
Appendix 6: Metric Equivalents.
Appendix 7: Professional Organizations.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
the book is helpful with ideas.... try www.4seasondecor.com for unique pieces similar to those in pictures of the book!