Intermediate Algebra Study and Solutions Guide: Used with ... Larson-Intermediate Algebra / Edition 3by Larson, Ron / Hostetler, Robert P. Larson, Ron / Hostetler, Robert P.
This text provides intermediate algebra students with a solid understanding of algebra and its utility as a modern modeling language. Careful pacing and clear, readable explanations enhance the presentation of key concepts. These concepts are then illustrated and reinforced by more than 500 well-chosen examples, graded by level of difficulty and labeled by discipline… See more details below
This text provides intermediate algebra students with a solid understanding of algebra and its utility as a modern modeling language. Careful pacing and clear, readable explanations enhance the presentation of key concepts. These concepts are then illustrated and reinforced by more than 500 well-chosen examples, graded by level of difficulty and labeled by discipline for easy reference, and more than 8000 section exercises.
- Integrated Review Exercises appear before all section exercise sets for review of skills, definitions, and problem solving from previous chapters.
- Skill-building Exercises provide a broad range of computational, conceptual, and applied problems.
- Chapter Summaries, made up of Key Terms and Key Concepts reinforce not only concepts, but the language and main ideas behind them.
- Exercises Keyed to Examples provide students with convenient references back to helpful explanations earlier in the section.
- Section Objectives found at the beginning of sections are repeated at point of use throughout the chapter to promote self-assessment and mastery.
- Clear definitions and key concepts are emphasized in boxes for reinforcement of math vocabulary.
- Review Exercises, keyed by section and divided into two types, Reviewing Skills and Solving Problems, help students better prepare for tests and quizzes and help instructors assign review problems by sections completed.
- Exercises are graded by level of difficulty: Developing Skills, Solving Problems, and Explaining Concepts.
- Motivating the Chapter, real-life, multi-part problems in the chapter opener, provide a clear breakdownof the skills students will master throughout the chapter. The problem's sections are keyed to specific exercises and section sets. Ideal for homework assignments or collaborative projects.
- Applications and Real-data Problems reflect current statistics and information, providing students with a relevant view of how mathematics is used in contemporary society.
- Technology Tips, placed throughout the text at point of use, offer instruction on using technology to visualize concepts, perform computations, and verify solutions.
- Technology Discovery engages students in using technology to explore mathematical concepts and to discover patterns and relationships.
- Discussing the Concept activities provide instructors with flexible options for assigning individual homework, class discussion, or collaborative problems.
- Houghton Mifflin Company College Division
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x 1.00(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >