The International Business Environment / Edition 2by Leslie Hamilton, Philip Webster
The International Business Environment, Third Edition, begins by setting the global context and evaluating the idea of international industries, the world economy, and the threats and opportunities of global markets. The authors then identify the core issues faced by businesses and the dynamic socio-cultural, technological, political, legal, and ecological… See more details below
The International Business Environment, Third Edition, begins by setting the global context and evaluating the idea of international industries, the world economy, and the threats and opportunities of global markets. The authors then identify the core issues faced by businesses and the dynamic socio-cultural, technological, political, legal, and ecological environments in which they operate.
Case studies are sourced from almost every continent in the world, including a wealth of examples from the emerging markets of Africa, South America, and Asia. In addition, each chapter provides a range of learning tools designed to test and develop the reader's understanding. Questions and assignment tasks ensure that students can apply their knowledge to real-world scenarios, while colorful diagrams throughout the book illustrate business environment theory and comparative examples with particular clarity.
This unique combination of accessible theory, diverse case studies, and reflection points will prepare students for academic success and develop the professional skills required to excel in their future global business career.
* Provides a truly global approach with a wealth of real-world examples and case studies from around the world, including extensive coverage of South America, Asia, and Africa.
* Numerous learning features including counterpoint boxes, learning tasks, assignment tasks, review questions, and full colour diagrams help students to develop their critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Stand-alone chapters on corporate social responsibility and the ecological environment offer a contemporary perspective on the emerging challenges faced by business organizations.
- Oxford University Press
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 9.60(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of Contents
Part I. Global Context
2. The global economy
3. Analysing global industries
4. The global business environment
5. Assessing country attractiveness
Part II. Global Issues
6. The socio-cultural framework
7. The technological framework
8. The political environment
9. The legal environment
10. The financial framework
11. Corporate Social Responsibility
12. The ecological environment
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >