International Business / Edition 1by Oded Shenkar, Yadong Luo
Pub. Date: 07/28/2003
Written by globally renowned scholars in the field of international business, International Business, Second Edition takes a truly global perspective that goes beyond the United States, presenting the latest concepts, tools and events, and adopting integrated and problem-solving approaches in every chapter. The book highlights the role of culture, politics and legal issues in international business and illustrates how they influence institutions, structures and processes that permeate all functions of business.
New and Enhanced Features of the Second Edition Include:
- Incorporates broader coverage of international business: New sections have been added to include international entrepreneurship, careers in international business, corruption, and e-commerce.
- Offers an international perspective: An assortment of case studies can be used to discuss issues among small and large international and multinational firms in countries such as Asia, Europe, and developing countries
- Takes an integrative approach: Within each chapter connections are made between various cultural, political, and legal functions and issues related to international business.
- Provides problem-solving strategies: A practical step-by-step guide will help students develop problem solving skills for common international business challenges.
- Includes Instructor’s Resources on CD: Available by contacting SAGE.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.74(w) x 11.24(h) x 1.29(d)
Table of ContentsInternational Business in an Age of Globalization.
PART ONE: CONCEPTS AND THEORIES IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS.
International Trade Theory and Application.
Foreign Direct Investment--Theory and Application.
The Multinational Enterprise.
PART TWO: ENDOWMENT & ENVIRONMENTS OF INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS.
The Cultural Environment.
The Political and Legal Environment.
PART THREE: GLOBAL MARKETS AND INSTITUTIONS.
International Economic and Institutions.
The International Monetary System and the Financial Markets.
PART FOUR: INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS STRATEGIES.
International Entry Strategies.
Organizing and Structuring Global Operations.
Building and Managing Global Strategic Alliances (GSAs).
Managing Global Research and Development (R&D).
PART FIVE: FUNCTIONAL IB AREAS.
Financial Management for Global Operations.
International Accounting for Global Operations.
Global Marketing and Supply Chain.
Global Human Resources Management.
PART SIX: EMERGING ISSUES IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS.
Global Internet and E-Commerce.
Ethics and Corruption in the Global Marketplace.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >