- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
KEY BENEFIT: CKR is an evolving learning package that makes teaching easier and captures IB as practiced today.
The text addresses emerging markets, the growing participation of small and medium-sized firms in international business, and examples of both international and national businesses so students can see IB from all perspectives. CKR also offers an online resource called the Educator's Consortium that supports and connects students and instructors worldwide.
This text is for business students and professionals interested in learning about the impact of international business and emerging markets.
I. FOUNDATION CONCEPTS
1. Introduction: What is International Business?
2. Globalization of Markets and the Internationalization of the Firm
3. Organizational Participants that Make International Business Happen
4. Theories of International Trade and Investment
II. THE ENVIRONMENT OF INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
The Cultural Environment
The Country Level Political and Legal Systems
Government Intervention in International Business
Regional Economic Integration
Understanding Emerging Markets
The International Monetary and Financial Environment
III. STRATEGY AND OPPORTUNITY ASSESSMENT FOR INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
11. Global Strategy and Organization
Global Market Opportunity Assessment
IV. ENTERING AND OPERATING IN INTERNATIONAL MARKETS
13. Exporting and Countertrade
14. Foreign Direct Investment and Collaborative Ventures
15. Licensing, Franchising and other Contractual Strategies
16. Global Sourcing
V. FUNCTIONAL AREA EXCELLENCE
17. Marketing In the Global Firm
18. Human Resource Management in the Global Firm
19. Financial Management and Accounting In the Global Firm
Opening Vignettes and Closing Cases at a Glance
MSBs at a Glance
A Guide to Using the CKR Knowledge Portal © (Laminated Insert)
Glossary (Subject/Author/Company Index)
The Educators Consortium: International Market Research and Competitive Intelligence