International Finance and Accounting Handbook, 3rd Edition / Edition 3by Frederick D. S. Choi
Global business is a fact of life, and those whose decisions encompass the international dimensions of financial analysis, reporting, and control must thoroughly understand numerous issues in the international finance and accounting arena. Expanded and updated from its award-winning predecessor, International Finance and Accounting Handbook, Third Edition, provides… See more details below
Global business is a fact of life, and those whose decisions encompass the international dimensions of financial analysis, reporting, and control must thoroughly understand numerous issues in the international finance and accounting arena. Expanded and updated from its award-winning predecessor, International Finance and Accounting Handbook, Third Edition, provides the tools and techniques needed to come to grips with the differences in accounting principles, financial disclosure, and auditing practices found in today’s global market. Composed of seven informative parts, this comprehensive guide covers several important topics, including the globalization of financial markets, financial analysis, the diversity that characterizes global accounting measurements, and international accounting harmonization. It also provides an executive education on other relevant issues such as reporting, international transfer pricing and taxation, and international auditing. Combining technical know-how with practical experience, International Finance and Accounting Handbook, Third Edition is a useful reference for financial managers, credit and security analysts, bankers, lawyers, auditors, and educators looking to better understand this ever changing financial field.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.22(w) x 10.24(h) x 1.55(d)
Table of Contents
PART I: GLOBALIZATION OF FINANCIAL MARKETS.
1. Integration of World Financial Markets: Past, Present, andFuture (ROY C. SMITH, New York University).
2. Globalization of the Financial Services Industry (INGOWALTER, New York University).
3. BIS Basel International Bank Capital Accords (LINDA ALLEN,Baruch College, CUNY; ANTHONY SAUNDERS, New York University).
PART II: FINANCIALANALYSIS.
4. Foreign Investment Analysis (DAVID K. EITEMAN, University ofCalifornia, Los Angeles).
5. International Treasury Management (MICHAEL H. MOFFETT,Thunderbird—The American Graduate School of InternationalManagement; JAMES L. MILLS, Thunderbird-The American GraduateSchool of International Management).
6. Management of Corporate Foreign Exchange Risk (GUNTER DUFEY,University of Michigan and McKinsey & Co.; IAN H. GIDDY, NewYork University).
7. Interest Rate and Foreign Exchange Risk Management Products:Overview of Hedging Instruments and Strategies (RICHARD C.STAPLETON, Strathclyde University, United Kingdom; MARTI G.SUBRAHMANYAM, New York University).
8. Market Risk (ANTHON Y SAUNDERS, New York University; MARCIAM. CORNETT, Southern Illinois University).
9. Valuation in Emerging Markets (ASWATH DAMODARAN, New YorkUniversity).
10. Business Failure Classification Models: An InternationalSurvey (EDWARD I. ALTMAN, New York University; PAUL NARAYANAN,Consultant).
11. International Diversification (EDWIN J. ELTON, New YorkUniversity; MARTIN J. GRUBER, New York University).
PART III: WORLD SCENE OF ACCOUNTING AND REPORTINGPRACTICES.
12. Summary of Accounting Principle Differences Around the World(WILLIAM E. DECKER, JR., PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP; PAUL BRUNNER,PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP).
13. Corporate Financial Disclosure: A Global Assessment (CAROLA. FROST, Global Capital Markets Access LLC; KURT P. RAMIN,International Accounting Standards Committee Foundation).
14. Globalization of World Financial Markets: Perspective of theU.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SARA HANKS, CliffordChance).
15. Taxonomy of Auditing Standards (BELVERD E. NEEDLES, JR.,DePaul University).
PART IV: INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING HARMONIZATION.
16. International Financial Reporting Standards (PAUL PACTER,Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu).
17. European Harmonization (PETER WALTON, Open UniversityBusiness School, United Kingdom).
PART V: REPORTING ISSUES.
18. Consolidated Financial Statements and Business Combinations(JAMES R. RATLIFF, New York University).
19. FAS 133: Accounting for Derivative Instruments (JEFFREY B.WALLACE, Greenwich Treasury Advisors LLC).
20. Accounting for the Effects of Inflation (HAROLD E. WYMAN,Florida International University).
21. Asset Securitization (LISA FILOMIA-AKTAS, Ernst & YoungLLP).
22. Segmental and Foreign Operations Disclosures (LEE H.RADEBAUGH, Brigham Young University; DONNA L. STREET, University ofDayton).
23. Corporate Environmental and Social Reporting (CAROL ADAMS,Monash University; GEOFFREY FROST, University of Sydney; SIDNEY J.GRAY, University of New South Wales).
24. Corporate Governance in Emerging Markets: An AsianPerspective (JUDY TSUI, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University; TONYSHIEH, City University of Hong Kong).
25. Multinational Budgeting and Control Systems (FREDERICK D.S.CHOI, New York University; GERALD F. LEWIS, Mobil Corporation(retired)).
26. Dynamic Performance Measurement Systems for a Global World:The Complexities to Come (STEPHEN MEZIAS, New York University;PATRICE MURPHY, New York University; YA-RU CHEN, New YorkUniversity; MIKELLE A. CALHOUN, New York University).
27. Financial Reporting in Hyperinflationary Environments: ATransaction Analysis Framework for Management (FREDERICK D.S. CHOI,New York University).
28. International Information Systems (JON A. TURNER, New YorkUniversity).
PART VI: INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER PRICING AND TAXATION.
29. Transfer Pricing for Intercompany Transactions (ROBERTFEINSCHREIBER, Feinschreiber & Associates; MARGARET KENT,Feinschreiber & Associates).
30. International Taxation (PAUL M. BODNER,Attorney-at-Law).
PART VII: INTERNATIONAL AUDITING.
31. Managing the Audit Relationship in an International Context(NORMAN R. WALKER, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP; SEYMOUR JONES, NewYork University).
32. Internal Auditing (SEYMOUR JONES, New York University).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >