International Finance and Open Economy Macroeconomics / Edition 2by Francisco L. Rivera-Batiz
Pub. Date: 09/20/1993
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This new edition contains full coverage of the deregulation and internationalization of banking and finance in the 1980s and 1990s (including a discussion of the growing importance of Japanese finance). It integrates modern international finance and open economy macroeconomics to provide readers with a thorough, accessible, and up-to-date treatment of international… See more details below
This new edition contains full coverage of the deregulation and internationalization of banking and finance in the 1980s and 1990s (including a discussion of the growing importance of Japanese finance). It integrates modern international finance and open economy macroeconomics to provide readers with a thorough, accessible, and up-to-date treatment of international finance and economics.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.20(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.40(d)
Table of Contents
I. THE FOREIGN EXCHANGE MARKET AND EXCHANGE RATE REGIMES.
1. The Foreign Exchange Market.
2. Central Banks, Exchange Rate Regimes and the International Monetary System.
3. Currency Regimes in Developing Countries.
II. THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL SYSTEM.
4. International Money and Capital Markets.
5. Exchange Rate Risk and Uncovered International Investments.
6. Exchange Rate Forecasting, Risk Premia and Forward Market Efficiency.
7. Onshore Banking in International Perspective.
8. Eurocurrencies and Euromarkets: The Offshore Banking System.
III. INTRODUCTION TO INTERNATIONAL MACROECONOMICS.
9. A Broad Picture of the Open Economy: International Transactions and the Balance of Payments Accounts.
10. Measuring Interdependence: The International Investment Position of a Country and Exchange Rate Concepts.
11. National Income Accounting and the Open Economy.
12. The External Debt Crisis of Developing Countries.
IV. INCOME, TRADE AND CAPITAL FLOWS: FIXED AND FLEXIBLE EXCHANGE RATES.
13. The Determination of Output, Exchange Rates and the Trade Balance.
14. Balance of Payments Adjustments and the Macroeconomics of Fixed Exchange Rate Regimes.
15. Expectations, Exchange Rate Dynamics and Economic Policy.
V. INFLATION, UNEMPLOYMENT AND ECONOMIC POLICY IN THE OPEN ECONOMY.
16. Production, Prices and Unemployment in the Open Economy.
17. Prices, Output and Macroeconomic Adjustment Under Flexible Exchange Rates.
18. Expectations, Inflation and Business Cycles.
VI. ASSET MARKETS, THE BALANCE OF PAYMENTS AND THE EXCHANGE RATE.
19. Asset Markets and Exchange Rate Determination.
20. The Monetary and Asset Market Approach to the Balance of Payments.
VII. INTERDEPENDENCE IN THE WORLD ECONOMY.
21. The International Monetary System: History and Controversies.
22. Economic Policy, Monetary Regimes, and the Current State of the World Economy.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >