- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This brief handbook serves as an excellent resource and guide to help beginning teachers use the Internet and the World Wide Web for their classes and teachers.
By following the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) guidelines on “Technology and the New Professional Teacher,” and the International Society for the Study of Technology and Education's (ISTE) National Standards for Teachers, the author provides a practical and engaging introduction to using the Internet and the World Wide Web.
This text is an ideal reference for all pre-service teachers in today's technology age—an era in which the Internet and the World Wide Web are continually redefining the ways in which students learn and teachers teach.
New To This Edition
1. The Internet and the World Wide Web and Their Importance for Educators.
2. The Internet and the World Wide Web.
3. Internet and Web Basics.
4. The Internet as a Tool for Your Studies in Education.
5. Making Use of Online Electronic Data Bases—the Library Connection.
6. Libraries, Books, and Literature on the World Wide Web.
7. Museum Resources on the World Wide Web.
8. How Schools Use the World Wide Web.
9. Creating Curriculum on the Web.
10. Developing a Web Based Educational Portfolio.
11. Using the Web as a Resource for your Studies Outside of Education.
12. Other Topics of Interest.