This concise, pocket-sized guide to the online healthcare environment provides background information about the Internet, its services and various types of Internet resources available for nursing and healthcare professionals and students. Updated with the most current resources, the book is designed to provide users with the knowledge and confidence needed to use the Internet for education, research, career and other purposes. Topics include an introduction to the Internet, services available, how to evaluate information and online learning and opportunities. For nursing and healthcare professionals.
1. Introduction to the Internet for Health Care Professionals.
2. Internet Service and Resources.
3. Common Concerns Related to Internet Use.
4. Educational Opportunities on the Internet.
5. Research on the Internet.
6. Career Resources on the Internet.
7. Internet Resources for Nurses and Health Care Professionals.
Appendix A: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Appendix B: Exercises for Exploring the Internet.
Appendix C: Building Your Own Home Page.