Interpersonal Conflict / Edition 9by William Wilmot, Joyce Hocker
Pub. Date: 02/08/2013
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Higher Education
Interpersonal Conflict explains the key dynamics of personal conflicts that we all face. Written for courses such as Communication and Conflict, Interpersonal Conflict, Conflict Management, Conflict and Negotiation, and Conflict in Personal Relationships, this textbook examines the central principles of effective conflict management in a wide variety of contexts--whether at home or on the job. Its combination of up-to-date research and examples gives students a theoretical and practical foundation in conflict management.
Instructors and students can now access their course content through the Connect digital learning platform by purchasing either standalone Connect access or a bundle of print and Connect access. McGraw-Hill Connect® is a subscription-based learning service accessible online through your personal computer or tablet. Choose this option if your instructor will require Connect to be used in the course. Your subscription to Connect includes the following:
• SmartBook® - an adaptive digital version of the course textbook that personalizes your reading experience based on how well you are learning the content.
• Access to your instructor’s homework assignments, quizzes, syllabus, notes, reminders, and other important files for the course.
• Progress dashboards that quickly show how you are performing on your assignments and tips for improvement.
• The option to purchase (for a small fee) a print version of the book. This binder-ready, loose-leaf version includes free shipping.
Complete system requirements to use Connect can be found here: http://www.mheducation.com/highered/platforms/connect/training-support-students.html
- McGraw-Hill Higher Education
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.30(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.80(d)
- Age Range:
- 18 Years
Table of Contents
Part One: Conflict Components
Chapter 1: The Nature of Conflict
Chapter 2: Perspectives on Conflict
Chapter 3: Interests and Goals
Chapter 4: Power: The Structure of Conflict
Chapter 5: Styles and Tactics
Part Two: Intervention
Chapter 6: Assessing Conflicts
Chapter 7: Moderating Your Conflicts
Chapter 8: Negotiating for Mutual Gains
Chapter 9: Third-Party Intervention
Chapter 10: Mending the Broken Branch: Forgiveness and Reconciliation
Chapter 11: Preventing Destructive Conflict
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Horrible Technical read....the system this the system that