Intervention Strategies for Infants and Preschoolers with Special Needs: A Team Approach / Edition 2by Sharon A. Raver
This book features contributions from leading professionals who have extensive experience with children who have special needs -- birth to three years of age. Extremely practical in approach, it contains "recommended practices" in early intervention that are easy to implement for serving young children and their families. Presents foundations for/b>/b>… See more details below
This book features contributions from leading professionals who have extensive experience with children who have special needs -- birth to three years of age. Extremely practical in approach, it contains "recommended practices" in early intervention that are easy to implement for serving young children and their families. Presents foundations for infant and toddler intervention and explores the importance of teamwork in early intervention. Surveys intervention strategies for developmental domains -- neuromotor development, cognitive development, and social and communication development. Considers intervention strategies for medical contexts -- for the neonatal period and for medically fragile/complex infants and toddlers. Discusses intervention with infants and toddlers who are at-risk, have multiple or severe disabilities, hearing impairment, or visual impairment. Explains how to collaborate with families and how to develop an Individualized Family Service Plan. For interventionists, educators, and families who are dealing with young children with special needs.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.32(w) x 8.89(h) x 1.18(d)
Meet the Author
More from this Author
Table of Contents
I. FOUNDATIONS OF EARLY INTERVENTION.
1. Foundations of Infants and Toddler Intervention by Sharon A. Raver.
2. Teamwork in Early Intervention by Sharon A. Raver.
II. STRATEGIES FOR DEVELOPMENTAL DOMAINS.
3. Neuromotor Development in Infants and Toddlers by Toby M. Long and Sharon A. Raver.
4. Cognitive Development in Infants and Toddlers by Sharon A. Raver.
5. Social and Communication Development in Infants and Toddlers by Lou Rossetti.
III. INTERVENTION STRATEGIES FOR MEDICAL CONTEXTS.
6. Techniques for the Neonatal Period by Sharon A. Raver and Eva K. Thorp.
7. Coordinating Services for Infants and Toddlers with Medically Fragile/Complex Conditions by Cordelia Robinson, Barbara Jackson, and Steven Rosenberg.
IV. INTERVENTION WITH SPECIFIC POPULATIONS.
8. Techniques for Infants and Toddlers Who Are At-Risk by Doris Bergen and Sharon A. Raver.
9. Techniques for Infants and Toddlers with Multiple or Severe Disabilities by Samera Baird, Katherine McCormick, Mary McLean, Mary Beth Bruder, and Carl Dunst.
10. Techniques for Infants and Toddlers with Hearing Loss by Marilyn Sass-Lehrer.
11. Techniques for Infants and Toddlers with Visual Impairments by Kay Alicyn Ferrell, Sharon A. Raver, and Kevin A. Stewart.
V. SERVING FAMILIES.
12. Collaborating with Families by Jennifer L. Kilgo and Sharon A. Raver.
13. The Individualized Family Service Plan Process by Sharon A. Raver.
Appendix A: Critical Skills List.
Appendix B: Resources for Families for Professionals.
Appendix C: National Professional Associations and Voluntary Organizations.
Appendix D: Sample Individualized Family Service Plan.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >