INTRO TO DYNAMIC METEOROLOGY 3E TX / Edition 3by James R. Holton
Pub. Date: 05/28/1992
Publisher: Elsevier Science & Technology Books
Dynamic meteorology is the study of those motions of the atmosphere that are associated with weather and climate. The science of dynamic meteorology continues its rapid advance, and its scope has broadened considerably. There continue to be important new developments in the analysis and prediction of extratropical synoptic-scale systems. Important progress has been made in the understanding of mesoscale storms, in tropical dynamics, in the dynamics of climate, and in the dynamics of the middle atmosphere.
An Introduction to Dynamic Meteorology, Third Edition reflects the full scope of modern dynamic meteorology, while providing a coherent presentation of the fundamentals. The text emphasizes physical principles rather than mathematical elegance.
* Presents a cogent explanation of the fundamentals of meteorology
* Explains storm dynamics for weather-oriented meteorologists
* Discusses climate dynamics and the implications posed for global change
* Features a new chapter on mesoscale dynamics
* Includes updated treatments of climate dynamics, tropical meteorology, middle atmosphere dynamics, and numerical prediction
* Instructor's manual is available
Table of Contents
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews