Microsoft has introduced a large number of changes to the way that the .NET Framework operates. Familiar technologieshave being altered, best practices replaced, and developer methodologies adjusted. Many developers find it hard to keep up with the pace of change across .NET's ever-widening array of technologies. You may know what's happening in C#, but how about the Azure cloud? How is that going to affect your work? What are the limitations of the pLINQ syntax? What you need is a roadmap. A guide to help you see the innovations that matter and to give you a head start on the opportunities available in the new framework.
Introducing .NET 4.0: with Visual Studio 2010 is designed to provide you with just that roadmap. It serves as a no-nonsense primer that will help experienced .NET developers understand the impact of the new framework and its associated technologies. This book will keep you updated on the changes and help you to seize new opportunities confidently and quickly.
What you’ll learn
- Get an overview and brief history of each new or changing technology that puts it into context
- Familiarize yourself with key concepts and opportunities through highly accessible tutorials
- Understand how to perform common tasks in new technology areas such as pLINQ
- Gain expert performance tips
- See examples of real-world applications of each technology to help you learn how a technology can be put to work
Who this book is for
The book is aimed at .NET 3.5 developers who will be trying tocome to grips with .NET 4.0 and the associated supporting technologies, such as ASP.NET MVC, and pLINQ, which will be changing the way they need to think about creating applications.
Table of Contents
- The Visual Studio IDE and MEF
- Language and Dynamic Changes
- CLR and BCL Changes
- Parallelization and Threading Enhancements
- Windows Workflow Foundation 4
- Windows Communication Foundation
- Entity Framework
- WCF Data Services
- ASP.NET AJAX Framework
- ASP.NET MVC
- Silverlight Introduction
- WPF 4.0 and Silverlight 3.0
- Windows Azure