- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Rockford, IL
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
This is an introductory survey and practical hands-on guide to religious studies as both an inner experience and as a social phenomenon. A balanced discussion of intellectual, worship and sociological aspects of religion, the guide explores the symbols and rites of religion; the expression of religion through art forms; the ethical aspects of religion; and the conceptual messages of religion. An ideal introductory text to Theology, Philosophy, and Religion.
1. Scenarios for the Real Self.
2. History of Religion on Planet Earth.
3. Oases of the Mind: The Psychology of Religion.
4. Magic Doorways: Symbol, Rite, and Religion.
5. Faith Through Form: Religion and Art.
6. Traveling Together: The Sociology of Religion.
7. Truth Messages: The Conceptual Expression of Religion.
8. How Shall We Live? Religion and Ethics.
Epilogue: Secularization and Religion's Future.
Appendix: Studying Religion.