Introduction Radiologic Sciences / Edition 3by Arlene M. Adler, Richard R. Carlton, Richard R. Carlton
Pub. Date: 06/04/2003
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This text introduces students to the imaging sciences and familiarizes them with patient care skills necessary for clinical practice. The content covered in the new 3rd edition meets the standards set by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) Curriculum Guide and the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Task List for certification… See more details below
This text introduces students to the imaging sciences and familiarizes them with patient care skills necessary for clinical practice. The content covered in the new 3rd edition meets the standards set by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) Curriculum Guide and the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Task List for certification examinations. It helps students prepare not only for certification, but also for professional practice.
Instructor resources are available to qualified adopters; contact your sales representative for more information.
• Over 300 photos and line drawings clearly demonstrate patient care procedures.
• Chapter Objectives list concepts students should have mastered by the end of the chapter, to emphasize important points and help students focus.
• Key terms with definitions are presented at the beginning of each chapter as an introduction to new terms that students will encounter as they read the chapter.
• Numerous, up-to-date references at the close of each chapter direct the student to additional resources for further research.
• Appendices provide practice standards, professional organizations, state licensing agencies, the AART code of ethics, and patient's rights information, giving students additional professional information that prepares them for what they will encounter in practice.
• Comprehensive coverage of relevant topics provides a clear, concise, "big-picture" overview of the radiologic science professions and all aspects of patient care.
• The new title, formerly Introduction to Radiography and Patient Care, reflects the expanded content and terminology changes relevant to patient care in radiography as well as other imaging modalities such as sonography, radiation therapy, and nuclear medicine.
• New larger trim size allows illustrations to appear closer to discussions, and the use of glare-free gloss paper maintains the high quality of radiographic image reproduction without the glare.
• A new design with the use of a second color throughout improves the clarity of line drawings and enlivens the presentation of material.
• A Study Guide section featuring tear-out lab worksheets and review questions for each chapter is included in the back of the book to help students learn and remember the material.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Third Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.90(w) x 9.96(h) x 0.66(d)
Table of Contents
Unit I. The Profession of Radiologic Technology
1. Introduction to Radiologic Technology
2. Professional Organizations
3. Educational Survival Skills
Unit II. Introduction to the Clinical Environment
4. Introduction to Clinical Education
5. Radiologic Services Administration
6. Radiographic Imaging
7. Radiographic and Fluoroscopic Equipment
8. Basic Radiation Protection and Radiobiology
Unit III. Patient Care
9. Patient Interactions
10. History Taking
11. Transfer Techniques
12. Immobilization Techniques
13. Vital Signs and Oxygen
14. Infection Control
15. Aseptic Techniques
16. Non-Aseptic Techniques
17. Medical Emergencies
19. Contrast Media
Unit IV. Ethical and Legal Issues
20. Professional Ethics
21. Health Records and Health Information Management
22. Medical Law
Appendix A. Practice Standards for Medical Imaging, Radiation Therapy, and Sonography
Appendix B. Professional Organizations
Appendix C. State Licensing Agencies
Appendix D. ARRT Code of Ethics
Appendix E. Your Rights as a Hospital Patient
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >