Introduction to Biomedical Equipment Technology / Edition 4by Joseph J. Carr, John M. Brown
Pub. Date: 05/26/2000
This industry standard on biomedical equipment is an important resource for providing a broad technological knowledge base, and deep coverage of critical points. It serves as a handy reference on unfamiliar topics—organized so that users can easily look up topics of interest, study areas where they are weak or where they have not worked in some time/b>
This industry standard on biomedical equipment is an important resource for providing a broad technological knowledge base, and deep coverage of critical points. It serves as a handy reference on unfamiliar topics—organized so that users can easily look up topics of interest, study areas where they are weak or where they have not worked in some time. Chapter topics include an overview of the human body; an introduction to biomedical instrumentation and measurement; basic theories of measurement; signals and noise; electrodes, sensors, and transducers; bioelectric amplifiers; electrocardiograph equipment; respiratory therapy equipment; instrumentation for measuring brain parameters; care and feeding of battery operated equipment; computers in biomedical equipment; and quality assurance and continuous quality improvement. For working professionals in biomedical equipment, and for the engineers and technologists who design it.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.60(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.70(d)
Table of Contents
1. The Human Body: An Overview.
2. The Heart and Circulatory System.
3. Introduction to Biomedical Instrumentation & Measurement.
4. Basic Theories of Measurement.
5. Signals and Noise.
6. Electrodes, Sensors, and Transducers.
7. Bioelectric Amplifiers.
9. Physiological Pressure and Other Cardiovascular Measurements and Devices.
10. The Human Respiratory System and Its Measurement.
11. Respiratory Therapy Equipment.
12. The Human Nervous System
13. Instrumentation for Measuring Brain Function.
14. Intensive and Coronary Care Units.
15. Operating Rooms.
16. Medical Laboratory Instrumentation.
17. Medical Ultrasonography.
18. Electrosurgery Generators.
19. Care and Feeding of Battery-Operated Medical Equipment.
20. Waveform Display Devices.
21. Electro-Optics (Fiber Optics and Lasers).
22. Computers in Biomedical Equipment.
23. Radiology and Nuclear Medicine Equipment.
24. Electromagnetic Interference to Medical Electronic Equipment.
25. Quality Assurance and Continuous Quality Improvement.
26. Medical Equipment Maintenance: Management, Facilities, and Equipment.
27. Requirements Management.
Appendix A. Some Math Notes.
Appendix B. Medical Terminology.
Appendix C. Glossary.
Appendix D. Electrical Safety in the Medical Environment.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >