Introduction to Brain and Behavior / Edition 2by Bryan Kolb, Ian Q. Whishaw
Pub. Date: 06/28/2005
Publisher: Worth Publishers, Incorporated
From authors Bryan Kolb and Ian Whishaw, and new coauthor G. Campbell Teskey, An Introduction to Brain and Behavior offers a unique inquiry-based introduction to behavioral neuroscience, with each chapter focusing on a central question (i.e., "How Does the Nervous System Function?"). It also incorporates a distinctive clinical perspective, with examples/i>… See more details below
From authors Bryan Kolb and Ian Whishaw, and new coauthor G. Campbell Teskey, An Introduction to Brain and Behavior offers a unique inquiry-based introduction to behavioral neuroscience, with each chapter focusing on a central question (i.e., "How Does the Nervous System Function?"). It also incorporates a distinctive clinical perspective, with examples showing students what happens when common neuronal processes malfunction. Now this acclaimed book returns in a thoroughly up-to-date new edition.
Founders of a prestigious neuroscience institute at the University of Lethbridge in Alberta, Canada, Kolb and Whishaw are renowned as both active scientists and teachers. G. Campbell Teskey of the University of Calgary, also brings to the book a wealth of experience as a researcher and educator. Together, they are the ideal author team for guiding students from a basic understanding the biology of behavior to the very frontiers of some of the most exciting and impactful research being conducted today.
The new edition also has its own dedicated version of Worth Publishers’ breakthrough online course space, LaunchPad, giving it the most robust media component of any textbook for the course.
- Worth Publishers, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Second Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 9.39(w) x 11.14(h) x 1.04(d)
Table of Contents
1. What Are the Origins of Brain and Behavior?
2. How Does the Nervous System Function?
3. What Are the Functional Units of the Nervous System?
4. How Do Neurons Use Electrical Signals to Transmit Information?
5. How Do Neurons Use Electrochemical Signals to Communicate and Adapt?
6. How Do Drugs and Hormones Influence the Brain and Behavior?
7. How Do We Study the Brain’s Structure and Functions?
8. How Does the Nervous System Develop and Adapt?
9. How Do We Sense, Perceive, and See the World?
10. How Do We Hear, Speak, and Make Music?
11. How Does the Nervous System Respond to Stimulation and Produce Movement?
12. What Causes Emotional and Motivated Behavior?
13. Why Do We Sleep and Dream?
14. How Do We Learn and Remember?
15. How Does the Brain Think?
16. What Happens When the Brain Misbehaves?
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >