Introduction to Global Politics: Brief Editionby Steven L. Lamy, John S. Masker, John Baylis, Steve Smith
Offering a truly global approach to international relations, Introduction to Global Politics, Brief Edition, brings together an expert team of international scholars to provide students with a current, engaging, and non-U.S. perspective on global politics. A more concise version of Lamy et al.: Introduction to Global Politics, this brief/em>/em>… See more details below
Offering a truly global approach to international relations, Introduction to Global Politics, Brief Edition, brings together an expert team of international scholars to provide students with a current, engaging, and non-U.S. perspective on global politics. A more concise version of Lamy et al.: Introduction to Global Politics, this brief edition condenses the longer volume's coverage from fourteen to ten chapters--making the content more manageable--and offers an even stronger pedagogical program.
Introduction to Global Politics, Brief Edition, includes extensive treatment of globalization throughout; integrates non-U.S. perspectives from more than twenty global scholars; and emphasizes non-state actors more than other textbooks. Pedagogical features and critical-thinking questions take the global approach one step further by encouraging students to develop their own informed worldview.
* A primer on theory in a single chapter (Chapter 3) succinctly introduces students to the predominant theoretical approaches in international relations.
* "Theory in Practice" boxes demonstrate how theories in global politics relate to the real world by asking students to examine various scenarios using different theoretical lenses. Each box ends with discussion questions that prompt students to apply what they've learned.
* "Case Study" boxes use real-world events to show theories and concepts in action, helping students make policy decisions or other type of recommendation. Each feature ends with thought-provoking discussion questions.
* "What's Your Worldview?" questions in the margins encourage students to think critically about issues, provide ideas for term paper topics, and help students to develop their own, more informed worldview using the theories discussed in the book.
* "Thinking About Global Politics" boxes at the end of every chapter give students the opportunity to develop their critical-thinking skills and apply their knowledge to in-depth activities dealing with real-world political issues.
* Additional study aids--including key terms, a comprehensive glossary, review questions at the end of each chapter, and margin charts that reinforce testable content--help students to better comprehend the material and prepare for tests.
An Instructor's Resource Manual includes lecture suggestions, chapter outlines, group activities, multimedia suggestions, and a comprehensive Test Bank.
A Computerized Test Bank provides multiple-choice short-answer, and essay questions.
A Companion Website at www.oup.com/us/lamy features password-protected instructor's resources (Instructor's Resource Manual, PowerPoint-based lecture slides, and maps) and student resources (study aids, chapter outlines, flashcards, quizzes for review, practice tests, and links to useful websites).
An Instructor's Resource CD includes the Instructor's Resource Manual with Tests, the Computerized Test Bank, PowerPoint-based lecture slides, and graphics from the text.
- Oxford University Press, USA
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 9.20(h) x 0.60(d)
Table of Contents
Each chapter includes a Conclusion, Key Terms, and Review Questions.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >