Introduction To Law for Paralegals, Fifth Edition / Edition 5by Katherine A. Currier, Thomas E. Eimermann
Pub. Date: 07/29/2011
Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
A comprehensive and accessible text, specifically written for paralegal students, Introduction to Law for Paralegals provides an in-depth introduction to the key concepts in the American legal system, research and analysis of legal material, as well as legal ethics and substantive law. Supported by strong pedagogy and a critical-thinking approach to edited/b>… See more details below
A comprehensive and accessible text, specifically written for paralegal students, Introduction to Law for Paralegals provides an in-depth introduction to the key concepts in the American legal system, research and analysis of legal material, as well as legal ethics and substantive law. Supported by strong pedagogy and a critical-thinking approach to edited cases, the material is engaging, well-written and highly teachable.
The Fifth Edition has been updated to reflect new cases and changes in statutory law, with new reasoning exercises to challenge and engage students. Updated Internet references and Web-based exercises are also included. The rich Appendix now includes the full text of the U.S. Constitution.
• Comprehensive, accessible overview of all key concepts covered in an introduction to law course.
• Highly teachable style, with detailed Instructor’s Manual, Test Bank and PowerPoints.
• In-depth coverage written specifically for paralegal students, including:
• The role of the paralegal.
• Sources and classification of law.
• Structure of the court system.
• Overview of litigation
• Basics of legal analysis, research, and writing.
• Legal ethics and substantive law.
• Critical-thinking approach introduces students to the study of law.
• Use of edited cases to teach students how to read and analyze the law.
• Engaging hypotheticals, examples, and well-designed questions.
• Material presented in organized and well-written format.
• Strong pedagogy throughout includes:
• Ethic alerts.
• Marginal definitions.
• Internet references.
• Legal reasoning exercises.
• Appendices on good writing, citation form, ethical codes and Net notes.
Thoroughly updated, the revised Fifth Edition includes:
• Streamlined presentation.
• New cases and changes in statutory law.
• New Web-based exercises.
• Updated Internet references throughout.
• New legal reasoning exercises reflecting current cases.
• Complete U.S. Constitution as an appendix.
- Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.30(w) x 10.20(h) x 1.70(d)
Table of Contents
Part I. The American Legal System
Chapter 1. Introduction to the Study of Law
Chapter 2. The Role of the Paralegal
Chapter 3. Sources of the Law
Chapter 4. Classification of the Law
Chapter 5. Structure of the Court System
Chapter 6. Civil Litigation and Its Alternatives
Part II. Finding and Analyzing the Law
Chapter 7. Finding and Interpreting Statutory Law
Chapter 8. Finding and Interpreting Court Opinions
Chapter 9. Finding the Law
Chapter 10. Applying the Law
Part III. Legal Ethics and Substantive Law
Chapter 11. Legal Ethics
Chapter 12. Torts
Chapter 13. Contract Law
Chapter 14. Property and Estate Law
Chapter 15. Laws Affecting Business
Chapter 16. Family Law
Chapter 17. Criminal Law and Procedure
Appendix A. The United States Constitution
Appendix B. Fundamentals of Good Writing
Appendix C. The Basics of Citation Form
Appendix D. Ethical Codes
Appendix E. Net Notes
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >