Introduction to Medical Terminology / Edition 1by Ann Ehrlich, Carol L Schroeder, Carol L. Schroder
Pub. Date: 12/30/2002
Publisher: Cengage Learning
Introduction to Medical Terminology emphasizes learning medical terminology by word part and usage and is organized by body systems. The practice software includes exercises, games and pronunciation of medical terminology. A workbook offers a wide-variety of learning exercises from matching and multiple choice to spelling and abbreviations to true/false and word building.
- • “Career Spotlight” focuses on the experiences of real health care professionals. A different career is highlighted in each chapter.
- • Study Break¨ presents interesting health care trivia to keep the readers engaged in the text.
- • Review Time¨ features exercises to reinforce the material in each lesson.
- • Vocabulary lists with pronunciations at the beginning of each chapter alerts reader to key terms.
- Cengage Learning
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.74(w) x 11.38(h) x 0.82(d)
Table of Contents
Preface. Acknowledgments. How to use this Book. How to use StudyWARETM. 1. Introduction to Medical Terminology. 2. The Human Body in Health and Disease. 3. The Skeletal System. 4. The Muscular System. 5. The Cardiovascular System. 6. The Lymphatic and Immune Systems. 7. The Respiratory System. 8. The Digestive System. 9. The Urinary System. 10. The Nervous System. 11. Special Senses: The Eyes and Ears. 12. Skin: The Integumentary System. 13. The Endocrine System. 14. The Reproductive Systems. 15. Diagnostic Procedures, Nuclear Medicine and Pharmacology. APPENDIX A: Prefixes, Combining Forms, and Suffixes. APPENDIX B: Abbreviations and Their Meanings. APPENDIX C: Glossary of Pathology and Procedures. Index.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >