Introduction To Microfabrication / Edition 1by Sami Franssila
Pub. Date: 05/13/2004
Microfabrication is the key technology behind integrated circuits, microsensors, photonic crystals, ink jet printers, solar cells and flat panel displays. Microsystems can be complex, but the basic microstructures and processes of microfabrication are fairly simple. Introduction to Microfabrication shows how the common microfabrication concepts can be applied over and… See more details below
Microfabrication is the key technology behind integrated circuits, microsensors, photonic crystals, ink jet printers, solar cells and flat panel displays. Microsystems can be complex, but the basic microstructures and processes of microfabrication are fairly simple. Introduction to Microfabrication shows how the common microfabrication concepts can be applied over and over again to create devices with a wide variety of structures and functions.
* A comprehensive presentation of basic fabrication processes
* An emphasis on materials and microstructures, rather than device physics
* In-depth discussion on process integration showing how processes, materials and devices interact
* A wealth of examples of both conceptual and real devices
Introduction to Microfabrication includes 250 homework problems for students to familiarise themselves with micro-scale materials, dimensions, measurements, costs and scaling trends. Both research and manufacturing topics are covered, with an emphasis on silicon, which is the workhorse of microfabrication.
This book will serve as an excellent first text for electrical engineers, chemists, physicists and materials scientists who wish to learn about microstructures and microfabrication techniques, whether in MEMS, microelectronics or emerging applications.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 0.86(w) x 9.69(h) x 7.44(d)
Table of Contents
PART I: INTRODUCTION.
2. Micrometrology and Materials Characterization.
3. Simulation of Microfabrication Processes.
PART II: MATERIALS .
5. Thin-Film Materials and Processes.
7. Thin-film Growth and Structure.
PART III: BASIC PROCESSES.
8. Pattern Generation.
9. Optical Lithography.
10. Lithographic Patterns.
12. Wafer Cleaning and Surface Preparation.
13. Thermal Oxidation.
15. Ion Implantation.
16. CMP: Chemical-Mechanical Polishing.
17. Bonding and Layer Transfer.
18. Molding and Stamping.
PART IV: STRUCTURES.
19. Self-aligned Structures.
20. Plasma-etched Structures.
21. Wet-etched Structures.
22. Sacrificial Structures.
23. Structures by Deposition.
PART V: INTEGRATION.
24. Process Integration.
25. CMOS Transistor Fabrication.
26. Bipolar Technology.
27. Multilevel Metallization.
28. MEMS Process Integration.
29. Processing on Non-silicon Substrates.
PART VI: TOOLS.
30. Process for Microfabrication.
31. Tools for Hot Process.
32. Vacuum and Plasmas.
33. Tools for CVD and Epitaxy.
34. Integrated Processing.
PART VII: MANUFACTURING.
37. Wafer Fab.
PART VIII: FUTURE.
38. Moore's Law.
39. Microfabrication at Large.
Appendix A: Comments and Hints to Selected Problems.
Appendix B: Constants and Conversion Factors.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >