- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This book addresses the critical challenges faced by people with severe disabilities in becoming full members of our society, and provides teachers with the tools they need to successfully teach this population. It examines the ways that society has historically treated this group of people and describes promising practices that will shape the future of services and programs from birth through old age. For anyone interested in learning about developmental disabilities and/or special education.
1. Understanding People with Severe Disabilities.
2. Valuing People with Severe Disabilities: Toward Effective Education and Community Service Systems.
3. Family, Friends, and Society: Supporting People with Severe Disabilities.
4. Biomedical Issues.
5. Multicultural and Diversity Issues.
6. Assistive Technology, Susan S. Johnston.
7. Positive Behavioral Support, Robert E. O'Neill.
8. Early Intervention Programs for Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities and Their Families.
9. Programs for Preschool Children.
10. Elementary Programs, John McDonnell and Richard Kiefer-O'Donnell.
11. Secondary Programs.
12. Adult Service Programs.
13. Programs for Older Adults.