Introduction to Physical Therapy / Edition 1by Michael A. Pagliarulo
Pub. Date: 07/28/1996
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This comprehensive text provides a thorough and realistic overview of both the profession and the practice of physical therapy. The first half of the book introduces readers to key aspects of a career in physical therapy, such as physical therapy roles, practice settings, the APTA, and laws, policies, and regulations. The second half describes the practice of physical therapy, detailing the functions, disorders, and therapies of the major organ systems. Visually appealing, this text includes both classic photos that illustrate the history of the profession, as well as practical photos that demonstrate current physical therapy procedures.
- This is the only introductory textbook to include an overview of both the profession and the clinical practice of physical therapy and physical therapy assisting.
- Each chapter offers helpful learning tools, including a chapter outline, key terms, learning objectives, questions to ask, boxes, tables, summaries and up to date references, suggested readings, and review questions.
- Features the latest information on current trends in health care and the profession of physical therapy such as laws and regulations, reimbursement, the roles of the PTA and PT, new terminology, and key concepts.
- A new chapter on reimbursement introduces readers to the administrative side of physical therapy practice and its effect on the profession.
- A new chapter on communication and cultural competence explores how cultural differences can influence patient behavior and interaction.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
Table of Contents
Physical Therapy: Definition and Development
2. Roles and Characteristics of Physical Therapists
3. The Physical Therapist Assistant
4. Communication in Physical Therapy in the 21st Century
5. Laws, Regulations, and Policies
6. Financing and Reimbursing Health Care in Physical Therapy
7. Current Issues: Physical Therapy in Evolution
8. American Physical Therapy Association
Part 2 Practice
9. Physical Therapy for Musculoskeletal Conditions
10. Therapy for Neuromuscular Conditions
11. Physical Therapy in Cardiovascular/Pulmonary Conditions
12. Physical Therapy for Integumentary Conditions
13. Physical Therapy for Pediatric Conditions
14. Physical Therapy for the Older Adult
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews