Introduction to Radiologic Technology / Edition 6by La Verne Tolley Gurley, William J. Callaway
Pub. Date: 01/17/2006
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Here’s everything a beginning radiography student needs to know! Introduction to Radiologic Technology, 7th Edition offers a solid overview of your exciting career as a radiologic technologist. After covering basic learning skills, this guide provides a historical perspective on radiology and insight into key topics such as the language of medicine,/b>… See more details below
Here’s everything a beginning radiography student needs to know! Introduction to Radiologic Technology, 7th Edition offers a solid overview of your exciting career as a radiologic technologist. After covering basic learning skills, this guide provides a historical perspective on radiology and insight into key topics such as the language of medicine, digital and conventional imaging, patient care, and radiation safety. Expert authors LaVerne T. Gurley and William J. Callaway describe the classes you will take in your radiography program, the latest changes in the Registry exam, what will be required in the practice setting, and your opportunities for advancement throughout your career.
• An introduction to radiologic technology includes a concise overview of what to expect in your coursework.
• Critical thinking skills are highlighted, with four important steps to take in assessing situations and making informed decisions.
• Career guidelines discuss customer service, ethics and professionalism, how to join professional organizations, and how to keep up with continuing education requirements after graduation.
• A clear, easy-to-read style does not assume you have prior knowledge of the subject matter.
• New photographs accurately depict current equipment and practice standards.
• An increased focus on digital imaging keeps you on the cutting edge of technology.
• Updates include:
• Positioning terminology
• Program accreditations
• Demographic information for better communication with culturally diverse patients
• A closer alignment of the book's topics with ASRT Core Curriculum's section on fundamentals.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 9.11(h) x 0.62(d)
Table of Contents
|Ch. 1||Introduction to quality customer service||3|
|Ch. 2||Becoming a better student||21|
|Ch. 3||Memorization - a key to learning||35|
|Ch. 4||Critical thinking skills||49|
|Ch. 5||The history of medicine||57|
|Ch. 6||Radiology : a historic perspective||75|
|Ch. 7||Radiography education : from classroom to clinic||91|
|Ch. 8||The language of medicine||109|
|Ch. 9||Imaging equipment||119|
|Ch. 10||Radiographic examinations : diagnosing disease and injury||127|
|Ch. 11||Imaging : life cycle and quality||139|
|Ch. 12||Ethics and professionalism in radiologic technology||167|
|Ch. 13||Patient care and management||181|
|Ch. 14||Medicolegal considerations||191|
|Ch. 15||Organization and operation of the radiology department||205|
|Ch. 16||Economics of radiology||217|
|Ch. 17||Quality assurance in radiology||227|
|Ch. 18||Radiation safety and protective measures||245|
|Ch. 19||Allied health professions||269|
|Ch. 20||The American registry of radiologic technologists||285|
|Ch. 21||The joint review committee on education in radiologic technology||297|
|Ch. 22||Professional associations||313|
|Ch. 23||Specialization in radiologic technology||325|
|Ch. 24||Professional development and career advancement||353|
|Ch. 25||Continuing education for the radiologic technologist||371|
|Ch. 26||Status of health care delivery||381|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >