Introduction to Radiologic Technology / Edition 7by La Verne Tolley Gurley, William J. Callaway
Here’s everything a beginning radiography student needs to know! Introduction to Radiologic Technology, 7th Edition offers a solid overview of your exciting career as a radiologic technologist. After covering basic learning skills, this guide provides a historical perspective on radiology and insight into key topics such as the language of medicine,/b>… See more details below
Here’s everything a beginning radiography student needs to know! Introduction to Radiologic Technology, 7th Edition offers a solid overview of your exciting career as a radiologic technologist. After covering basic learning skills, this guide provides a historical perspective on radiology and insight into key topics such as the language of medicine, digital and conventional imaging, patient care, and radiation safety. Expert authors LaVerne T. Gurley and William J. Callaway describe the classes you will take in your radiography program, the latest changes in the Registry exam, what will be required in the practice setting, and your opportunities for advancement throughout your career.
- An introduction to radiologic technology includes a concise overview of what to expect in your coursework.
- Critical thinking skills are highlighted, with four important steps to take in assessing situations and making informed decisions.
- Career guidelines discuss customer service, ethics and professionalism, how to join professional organizations, and how to keep up with continuing education requirements after graduation.
- A clear, easy-to-read style does not assume you have prior knowledge of the subject matter.
- New photographs accurately depict current equipment and practice standards.
- An increased focus on digital imaging keeps you on the cutting edge of technology.
- Updates include:
- Positioning terminology
- Program accreditations
- Demographic information for better communication with culturally diverse patients
- A closer alignment of the book's topics with ASRT Core Curriculum's section on fundamentals.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.50(d)
Table of Contents
Part I: Becoming a Radiologic Technologist 1. Introduction to Quality Customer Service 2. Becoming a Better Student 3. Critical Thinking Skills 4. Evolution of Health Care Delivery 5. Radiology: A Historic Perspective Part II: Practicing the Profession 6. Radiography Education: From Classroom to Clinic 7. The Language of Medicine 8. Imaging Equipment 9. Radiographic Examinations: Diagnosing Disease and Injury 10. Imaging: Conventional and Digital 11. Ethics and Professionalism in Radiologic Technology 12. Knowing your Patient 13. Patient Care and Management 14. Medicolegal Considerations 15. Organization and Operation of the Radiology Department 16. Economics of Radiology 17. Quality Assurance in Radiology 18. Radiation Safety and Protective Measures 19. Allied Health Professions Part III: Growing with the Profession 20. The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists 21. The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology 22. Professional Associations 23. Specialization in Radiologic Technology 24. Professional Development and Career Advancement 25. Continuing Education for the Radiologic Technologist
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >