Introduction to Research: Understanding and Applying Multiple Strategies / Edition 4by Elizabeth DePoy, Laura N. Gitlin
Pub. Date: 10/15/2010
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Bridge the gap between research and practice with Introduction to Research: Understanding and Applying Multiple Strategies, 5th Edition. This easy-to-read edition covers all the major research design strategies: qualitative, quantitative, naturalistic, experimental-type, and mixed method. And with the text’s up-to-date research information and/b>
Bridge the gap between research and practice with Introduction to Research: Understanding and Applying Multiple Strategies, 5th Edition. This easy-to-read edition covers all the major research design strategies: qualitative, quantitative, naturalistic, experimental-type, and mixed method. And with the text’s up-to-date research information and references, you will have a solid foundation from which to critique and understand research designs and their applications to healthcare and human service settings.
- Case examples provide real-life snapshots of what it is like to participate in different types of research processes, identify research dilemmas relevant to chapter subjects, and alert you to problems you might encounter.
- Authors make the topics more accessible, so research becomes more relevant - and topics come to life.
- Covers experimental-type, naturalistic, and mixed method design strategies to improve your ability to compare, contrast, and integrate different methods.
- Presents complex information clearly in a highly readable, and easy-to-understand, manner.
- Includes detailed discussions of qualitative and quantitative methodologies, a unique and balanced focus that makes this text more comprehensive than others in its field.
- NEW! Up-to-date research methods, strategies, and references, like digital sources, visual methods, and geographical analysis, give you the latest information on research in diverse areas of health and human services.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.30(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.60(d)
Table of ContentsPart 1: Introduction
1.Research as an Important Way of Knowing
Part II: Thinking Processes
5.Framing the Problem
6.Developing a Knowledge Base Through Literature and Resources
7.Theory in Research
8.Asking Questions and Posing Queries
9.Language and Thinking Processes
Part III: Design Approaches
12.Mixed Method Designs
Part V: Action Processes
14.Boundary Setting in Experimental-Type Design
15.Boundary Setting in Naturalistic Analysis
16.Boundary Setting in Mixed Methods
18.Collecting Data Through Measurement in Experimental-Type Design
19.Gathering Information in Naturalistic Analysis
20.Preparing and Organizing Data
21.Statistical Analysis for Experimental-Type Research
22.Analysis in Naturalistic Inquiry
23.Sharing Research Knowledge Before the Study
24.Sharing Research Knowledge During and After the Study
Part V: Improving Practice Through Inquiry
25.Reciprocal Roles of Research, Knowledge Development, and Practice
26.Stories from the Field
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >