Introduction to Research: Understanding and Applying Multiple Strategies / Edition 3by Elizabeth DePoy, Laura N. Gitlin
Bridge the gap between research and practice with Introduction to Research: Understanding and Applying Multiple Strategies, 5th Edition. This easy-to-read edition covers all the major research design strategies: qualitative, quantitative, naturalistic, experimental-type, and mixed method. And with the text’s up-to-date research information and/b>… See more details below
Bridge the gap between research and practice with Introduction to Research: Understanding and Applying Multiple Strategies, 5th Edition. This easy-to-read edition covers all the major research design strategies: qualitative, quantitative, naturalistic, experimental-type, and mixed method. And with the text’s up-to-date research information and references, you will have a solid foundation from which to critique and understand research designs and their applications to healthcare and human service settings.
- Case examples provide real-life snapshots of what it is like to participate in different types of research processes, identify research dilemmas relevant to chapter subjects, and alert you to problems you might encounter.
- Authors make the topics more accessible, so research becomes more relevant - and topics come to life.
- Covers experimental-type, naturalistic, and mixed method design strategies to improve your ability to compare, contrast, and integrate different methods.
- Presents complex information clearly in a highly readable, and easy-to-understand, manner.
- Includes detailed discussions of qualitative and quantitative methodologies, a unique and balanced focus that makes this text more comprehensive than others in its field.
- NEW! Up-to-date research methods, strategies, and references, like digital sources, visual methods, and geographical analysis, give you the latest information on research in diverse areas of health and human services.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.60(d)
Table of Contents
|1||Research as an important way of knowing||3|
|2||Essentials of research||13|
|4||Framing the problem||34|
|5||Developing a knowledge base through review of the literature||41|
|6||Theory in research||54|
|7||Formulating research questions and queries||64|
|8||Language and thinking processes||76|
|11||Setting the boundaries of a study||127|
|12||Protecting the boundaries||133|
|13||Boundary setting in experimental-type designs||145|
|14||Boundary setting in naturalistic designs||157|
|16||Measurement in experimental-type research||174|
|17||Gathering information in naturalistic inquiry||191|
|18||Preparing and organizing data||210|
|19||Statistical analysis for experimental-type research||219|
|20||Analysis in naturalistic inquiry||241|
|21||Sharing research knowledge before the study||253|
|22||Sharing research knowledge during and after the study||265|
|23||Case study designs||277|
|25||Stories from the field||294|
|App||Informed consent documents||299|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >