The trusted guide to the statistical methods for quality control.
Quality control and improvement is more than an engineering concern. Quality has become a major business strategy for increasing productivity and gaining competitive advantage. Introduction to Statistical Quality Control, Sixth Edition gives you a sound understanding of the principles of statistical quality control (SQC) and how to apply them in a variety of situations for quality control and improvement.
With this text, you'll learn how to apply state-of-the-art techniques for statistical process monitoring and control, design experiments for process characterization and optimization, conduct process robustness studies, and implement quality management techniques.
You'll appreciate the significant updates in the Sixth Edition including:
* In-depth attention to DMAIC, the problem-solving strategy of Six Sigma. It will give you an excellent framework to use in conducting quality improvement projects.
* New examples that illustrate applications of statistical quality improvement techniques in non-manufacturing settings. Many examples and exercises are based on real data.
* New developments in the area of measurement systems analysis
* New features of Minitab V15 incorporated into the text
* Numerous new examples, exercises, problems, and techniques to enhance your absorption of the material
Covers the use of statistical techniques for quality control, from basic principles to advanced applications, with a strong engineering and management orientation. Montgomery (industrial engineering, Arizona State U.) has designed the text for an undergraduate course in statistical quality control. A basic knowledge of statistical methods is recommended, but not required. The fourth edition includes recent developments in the field, new examples, and integrated and expanded coverage of computer software such as Minitab and Excel. Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Douglas C. Montgomery is Regents’ Professor of Engineering and Statistics at ArizonaStateUniversity. He received his B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees from Virginia Polytechnic Institute, all in engineering. The author and coauthor of many technical papers and twelve other books. Dr. Montgomery is a Fellow of the American Society for Quality, the American Statistical Association, the Royal Statistical Society, the Institute of Industrial Engineers, an Elected Member of the International Statistical Institute and an Academician of the InternationalAcademy for Quality.