An Introduction to Stochastic Processes with Applications to Biologyby Linda J. S. Allen
Pub. Date: 04/29/2003
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Plenty of examples, diagrams, and figures take readers step-by-step through well-known classical biological models to ensure complete understanding of stochastic formulation. Probability, Markov Chains, discrete time branching processes, population genetics, and birth and death chains. For biologists and other professionals who want a comprehensive, easy-to-follow introduction to stochastic formulation as it pertains to biology.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 5.98(w) x 9.02(h) x 0.35(d)
Table of Contents1. Review of Probability Theory.
2. Discrete Time Markov Chains.
3. Biological Applications of Discrete Time Markov Chains.
4. Discrete Time Branching Processes.
5. Continuous Time Markov Chains.
6. Continuous Time Birth and Death Chains.
7. Epidemics, Competition, Predation and Population Genetics.
8. Diffusion Processes and Stochastic Differential Equations.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >