- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
From the Publisher“An extensive literature cited section is provided … .Will be appreciated by motivated undergraduates and those looking for a concise integration of this fast growing field.”
Ships from: Phoenix, MD
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Increasing awareness of the problems associated with invasion has led to a rapid growth in research into the dynamics of non-native species and their adverse effects on native biota and human economies. This book provides a synthesis of this fast growing field of research, and is an essential text for undergraduate and graduate students in ecology and conservation management.
1. An Introduction to Invasion Ecology.
2. Transport Vectors and Pathways.
3. Trends in Numbers of Invaders.
6. Establishment Success: The Influence of Biotic Interactions.
7. Modeling the Geographical Spread of Invasive Species.
8. Ecological Processes and the Spread of Non-Native Species.
9. Ecological Impacts of Invasive Species.
10. Impact Synthesis.
11. Evolution of Invaders.
12. Prediction, Risk Assessment, and Management of Species Invasions.