Tools and Techniques for Determining the Value of Any Asset
Valuation is at the heart of every investment decision, whether that decision is to buy, sell, or hold. But the pricing of any financial asset has become a more complex task in modern financial markets. Now completely revised and fully updated to reflect changing market conditions, Investment Valuation, Second Edition, provides expert instruction on how to value virtually any type of asset-stocks, bonds, options, futures, real assets, and much more.
Noted valuation authority and acclaimed NYU finance professor Aswath Damodaran uses real-world examples and the most current valuation tools, as he guides you through the theory and application of valuation models and highlights their strengths and weaknesses.
Expanded coverage addresses:
* Valuation of unconventional assets, financial service firms, start-ups, private companies, dot-coms, and many other traditionally valued assets
* Risk in foreign countries and how best to deal with it
* Using real option theory and option pricing models in valuing business and equity
* The models used to value different types of assets and the elements of these models
* How to choose the right model for any given asset valuation scenario
* Online real-time valuations that are continually updated at www.damodaran.com
A perfect guide for those who need to know more about the tricky business of valuation, Investment Valuation, Second Edition, will be a valuable asset for anyone learning about this critical part of the investment process.
Product dimensions: 9.90 (w) x 7.00 (h) x 1.80 (d)
Meet the Author
ASWATH DAMODARAN is Professor of Finance at New York University's Leonard N. Stern School of Business. He has been the recipient of numerous awards for outstanding teaching, including the NYU university-wide Distinguished Teaching Award, and was named one of the nation's top business school teachers by Business Week in 1994. In addition, Damodaran teaches training courses in corporate finance and valuation at many leading investment banks. His publications include Damodaran on Valuation; Investment Valuation; Corporate Finance; Investment Management; and Applied Corporate Finance, all published by Wiley, and The Dark Side of Valuation.