1. The Never Ending Story: American Racism from Slavery to the Civil Rights Movement.
2. From the Freedom Movement to Free Markets: Racializing the War on Poverty and Colorblinding Jim Crow.
3. A System without Signs: The Invisible Racism of the Post-Civil Rights Era.
4. Fighting Jim Crow’s Shadow: Struggles for Racial Equality after 1965.
5. To See or Not to See: Debates over Affirmative Action.
6. Is This America? Electoral Politics after the Voting Rights Act.
7 Fir$st Cla$$ Citizen$hip: Struggles for Economic Justice.
8. All Around the World: The Freedom Struggle in a Global Context.