Erica Sadun is the bestselling author, coauthor, and contributor to several dozen books on programming, digital video and photography, and web design, including the widely popular The Core iOS 6 Developer's Cookbook, Fourth Edition. She currently blogs at TUAW.com and has blogged in the past at O'Reilly's Mac Devcenter, Lifehacker, and Ars Technica. In addition to being the author of dozens of iOS-native applications, Erica holds a Ph.D. in computer science from Georgia Tech's Graphics, Visualization, and Usability Center. A geek, a programmer, and an author, she's never met a gadget she didn't love. When not writing, she and her geek husband parent three geeks-in-training, who regard their parents with restrained bemusement when they're not busy rewiring the house or plotting global domination.
iOS Auto Layout Demystifiedby Erica Sadun
Auto Layout transforms the way you create iOS user interfaces. As flexible as it is powerful, Auto Layout gives you unprecedented control over your iOS user interfaces. But Auto Layout has a reputation for difficulty. In iOS Auto Layout Demystified, Second Edition, world-renowned iOS developer and author Erica/i>/b>
Completed Updated for iOS 7 and Xcode 5
Auto Layout transforms the way you create iOS user interfaces. As flexible as it is powerful, Auto Layout gives you unprecedented control over your iOS user interfaces. But Auto Layout has a reputation for difficulty. In iOS Auto Layout Demystified, Second Edition, world-renowned iOS developer and author Erica Sadun strips away the confusion, helping you gain Auto Layout mastery the easiest way possible: by example.
Fully updated for iOS 7 and Xcode 5, this tutorial delivers everything Sadun’s guides are famous for: clear explanations, expert tips, proven best practices--and, above all, plenty of code to learn from and reuse.
Step by step, Sadun explains how Auto Layout “thinks,” how it works, where it fits, and why it’s more useful (and simpler) than you ever imagined. She offers practical solutions for a wide variety of real-world iOS development challenges, plus innovative ways to use Auto Layout to build interactive elements, animations, and more.
If you’re an experienced iOS developer, this guide will expand your design possibilities, helping you build apps that are superbly usable and intuitive and stand out even in the most crowded marketplace.
- Mastering Auto Layout’s basic concepts, techniques, and approach
- Defining unambiguous, satisfiable constraints that express your layout exactly how you intend
- Overcoming obstacles to constraint-based user interface design in Interface Builder
- Using visual formatting to express how items are laid out vertically and horizontally
- Making visual formats more flexible with metrics dictionaries and layout options
- Debugging constraints and deciphering those bewildering Xcode log messages
- Using descriptive techniques to uncover and express natural relationships in your design
- Applying iOS Auto Layout techniques in Mac OS X apps too
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
Learn how to shoot a gun or enhance your kills here. No Killing.