Information and Solutions for Today's Telecommunications Systems
Regardless of your industry, you’ll find James Harry Green’s The Irwin Handbook of Telecommunications Management, Third Edition an authoritative how-to solutions manual for every telecommunications management question. Now comprehensively revised and updated, this classic resource provides hands-on techniques for understanding today's major technological changes — and incorporating them into your organization's telecom strategy. Covering the entire spectrum of 21st century telecommunications, the Handbook makes it easy to locate, understand, and implement:
* Long-range planning, feasibility analysis, and forecasting
* The selection and management of telecom equipment and services, writing and evaluating responses to RFPs, managing long distance services, and more
* Management of a telecom facility — including PBX and key telephone equipment, automatic call distributors, voice processing equipment, local area networks and Internets, wide area networks, convergence, and video and audio conferencing equipment
* Specific techniques for effective cost containment
* Telecommunications operations — from fraud and disaster prevention to project management, quality control, security and more
This incredible resource offers readers everything needed to diagnose telecommunications needs and prepare long- and short-range plans. Using numerous case studies as well as on-the-job problems and solutions, the practical, hands-on guide details the techniques and skills necessary to manage a complete telecommunications system efficiently and effectively.
A comprehensive resource that recommends and explains processes and procedures that enable telecommunications managers in any industry to get the maximum value from their telecommunications systems. This revised and updated edition (first was 1989) addresses the ways that telecommunications managers can benefit in the marketplace from the changing character of competition in the telecommunications industry. It also discusses in detail the development of new technologies. New chapters are devoted to benchmarking, preventing toll fraud, voice processing, and the automatic call distributor (ACD). The details of how the equipment works are covered in a companion volume, The Business One Irwin Handbook of Telecommunications. Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
James Harry Green is an independent telecommunications consultant based in Portland, Oregon. He provides clients with network planning, design, and management services in voice networks, data networks, and call center systems. Green has written a number of articles and books, including Telecommunications Projects Made Easy, Which Telephone Service Provider?, and the essential telecom industry reference The Irwin Handbook of Telecommunications.