- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This book showcases programs and practices which demonstrate exemplary school leadership.
Sponsored by the Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium, the ISLLC Standards offer benchmarks for professional excellence that are tied to licensure and entry year principal programs throughout the nation.
The ISLLC Standards in Action: A Principal's Handbook demonstrates how these standards have been implemented at schools and districts across the country. 120 programs and practices are profiled in this book. They show you how to:
- create a school mission statement and communicate it to your entire community
- develop school-wide literacy by celebrating it
- establish a nuts & bolts committee to review and tweak school policies and procedures
- implement a Safe School Helpline
Each profile summarizes the program's goals and links it to the ISLLC Standards. Also included are tips and strategies to help you adapt and implement it in your own school or district.
1. Vision Values: ISLLC Standard 1
2. Culture Counts: ISLLC Standard 2
3. Safe and Sound: ISLLC Standard 3
4. Community Connections: ISLLC Standard 4
5. Ethics Embodied: ISLLC Standard 5
6. Politics, Please: ISLLC Standard 6