Issues and Choices in Clinical Nutrition Practice / Edition 1by Abby Bloch
Written by eminent authorities in nutrition and dietetics, this unique text explores controversial and challenging issues that dietitians must deal with in clinical practice. Topics addressed include the economics of dietetic patient care, the dietetic professional's role on the healthcare team,the impact of emerging sciences on nutrition practice, and… See more details below
Written by eminent authorities in nutrition and dietetics, this unique text explores controversial and challenging issues that dietitians must deal with in clinical practice. Topics addressed include the economics of dietetic patient care, the dietetic professional's role on the healthcare team,the impact of emerging sciences on nutrition practice, and international nutritional guidelines. The book encourages students and practitioners to reevaluate the dietitian's role and examine viewpoints that vary from traditional approaches in nutrition practice.
Issues to Ponder boxes provide interesting questions and topics for further exploration and discussion. More than 95 graphs and tables illustrate key concepts and synthesize important information.
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 10.00(h) x (d)
Table of Contents
PART I The Dietetics Professional's Role in the Healthcare Setting
- CHAPTER 1 An Overview of the Dietetics Professional's Training and Opportunities in Healthcare
- CHAPTER 2 Dietetics Education: Past, Present, and Future
- CHAPTER 3 Advanced-Level and Specialty Practice: How Necessary or Beneficial Are They for Practitioners?
- CHAPTER 4 The Economics of Dietetic Patient Care
- CHAPTER 5 Development of the Dietetics Professional's Role as a Member of a Healthcare Team
- CHAPTER 6 Is the Dietetics Professional an Equal Player on the Healthcare Team?
- CHAPTER 7 Global Dietetics Issues
- CHAPTER 8 Nutrition Screening in Acute Care
- CHAPTER 9 Nutrition Assessment
- CHAPTER 10 Measuring Nutrient Intake: Are the Tools Valid for Clinical Practice and/or Research?
- CHAPTER 11 Conducting Research in a Clinical Practice Setting
- CHAPTER 12 Informatics in the New Healthcare Environment
- CHAPTER 13 Genetics, Nutritional Genomics, and Dietetics Practice: What the Dietetics Professional Should Know
- CHAPTER 14 Hypertension and Clinical Nutrition Practice
- CHAPTER 15 Nutrition and Coronary Artery Disease
- CHAPTER 16 Obesity: The Challenge for the Healthcare Professional
- CHAPTER 17 Nutritional Approaches to Diabetes Mellitus
- CHAPTER 18 Emerging Issues in Cancer Care and Nutrition
- CHAPTER 19 Food-Drug Interactions
- CHAPTER 20 Issues with Alternative/Complementary Nutrition Therapies: Their Role in Clinical Practices
- CHAPTER 21 Implementing Nutrient-Based Recommendations and Dietary Guidelines
- CHAPTER 22 Global Nutrient Recommendations and Food-Based Dietary Guidelines: Tables
PART II Clinical Practice Issues: an Evidence-Based Perspective
PART III Effects of Emerging Science and Controversies on Dietetics Practice
PART IV International Tables and Global Nutrition Standards and Guidelines
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >