Issues and Trends in Nursing, 3rd Edition / Edition 3by Grace Deloughery, Grace Deloughery
Pub. Date: 12/28/1997
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
ISSUES AND TRENDS IN NURSING addresses the evolution, current status, and future direction of nursing education and practice. It presents historical, political, legal, ethical, and cultural underpinnings and integrates these themes through a comprehensive scope of issues affecting the nursing profession. The book's strengths include its readability, range of topics
ISSUES AND TRENDS IN NURSING addresses the evolution, current status, and future direction of nursing education and practice. It presents historical, political, legal, ethical, and cultural underpinnings and integrates these themes through a comprehensive scope of issues affecting the nursing profession. The book's strengths include its readability, range of topics, and quality of coverage of the history of nursing, economics of health care, social policy and health care delivery, urban and rural nursing, international nursing, and political awareness. The third edition features a new chapter on computers in nursing, expanded coverage of the realities of managed care and recent changes, and expanded coverage of practical information such as job seeking, time management, networking, and strategies for avoiding burnout. New Critical Thinking activities have been added to make the book more interactive and engaging. A more inviting design makes the book more visually interesting.
• Integrates various factors that influence the delivery of health care in many different settings, including rural, urban and international to prepare the student for practice in a range of settings.
• Discusses critical issues that affect nurses today and in the future to assist students in preparing for future practice.
• Presents viewpoints of well-known contributors to encourage consideration of different perspectives.
• Includes chapter-opening objectives to pique students' interest and set the context of material to follow.
• Includes addresses of nursing organizations and the state boards of nursing in the appendices, providing important contact information.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.30(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.60(d)
- Age Range:
- 18 Years
Table of Contents
PART I: Social and Historical Aspects · History of the Nursing Profession · The Evolution of Nursing Science and Practice · Economics of Health Care · Social Policy and Health Care Delivery · Cultural Influences on Nursing · Legal Aspects of Nursing · Ethical Decision Making and the Role of Nursing · PART II: Nursing Education · Nursing Education · Licensure and Related Issues in Nursing · Continuing Education for Relicensure · Political Awareness in Nursing · PART III: Nursing Practice · Urban Health Care Problems · Rural Nursing · International Nursing · Image of Nursing · Nursing as a Career · Computers in Nursing: Navigating the Information Super Highway (NEW) · The Future: A Challenge for Nurses and Nursing · Appendixes · A. Nursing Organizations · B. State Boards of Nursing
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >