As a salesman, have you ever inquired of yourself:
1) why would the president invite me into his office ?
2) once in the president's office, how does one add value causing the president to openly discuss corporate issues?
3) how does one control the sale's process through the entire cycle - cold call, first meeting, beating the competition, adding value to the sale, looking for additional opportunities to sell, closing the deal?
4) have you ever witnessed your prospect assume a blank facial expression during your elevator pitch? Could this be because your pitch sounds like blah....blah....blah (the same as every other competitor's pitch of adding value, speed, functionality, scalability, etc)?
5) well then, how do you differentiate yourself?
Tom's book challenges all traditional sales methodology that I have been taught throughout my 15 year sales career. I have used several of Tom's techniques in my technical sales job. The customer response is phenomenal.
There is a lot to learn from this book!!!!
It's that little extra that makes the difference
Whether you're new to sales or a seasoned veteran this book provides simple and effective ways to improve your sales efforts. By applying these common sense (but many times forgotten) lessons you too will have a competitive edge in sales. This is a great book that is a quick and easy read. I highly recommend it. Good selling...
About the Author:
The first time Tom Freese oversold his sales quota by 200%, everybody thought it was just a fluke. When it happened again, they figured he must be some sort of freak. Then, over and over for seven consecutive years, Tom not only exceeded his sales quota, he doubled it. Suddenly, his success was more than a trend. It was a business phenomenon.
The Question Based Selling methodology is the culmination of a life long journey which propelled Tom to the top of his field as a salesperson, and which has now brought him to the top again, as one of the world�s foremost authorities on sales methods, buyer motivation, and selling strategy.
Tom Freese, author of Secrets of Question Based Selling and It Only Takes 1% to Have a Competitive Edge in Sales, now lives in Atlanta, Georgia, with his wife and two children. In his spare time, Tom is busy working on his next book project.