Italian Pride: 101 Reasons to Be Proud You're Italianby Federico Moramarco, Patricia Peacock-Evans (Illustrator), Stephen Moramarco
What do Italians have to be proud of? Well, how about the Renaissance, for starters? Of course, if you're of Italian heritage, you already knew that. If you're not Italian, perhaps you aspire to be more like Leonardo da Vinci, the original Renaissance Man. Whatever the case, this entertaining book offers 101 delightful reasons to connect with Italys "long tradition of passion, excellence, and accomplishment," including its wonderful people, places, culture, and cuisine. For instance, you'll learn why we honor:
- The Last Judgement, Michelangelo's flawless fresco
- The unequalled films of Federico Fellini, Sergio Leone, and Martin Scorsese
- Tuscany, the culturally rich province whose cities include Florence and Carrarra
- The betrayal, love, death and intrique of the Italian Opera
- Soccer, Ita;y's no-hold-barred national pasttime
- Red, White, and Rose Italy's famed "blood of the Earth"
- Dante, whose Divine Comedy shaped our visions of Hell, Purgatory, and Paradise
Inside are dozens of other good reasons, from Madonna to Mona Lisa, from Pinocchio to Pompeii, to be proud of being Italian.
- MJF Books
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.80(w) x 6.60(h) x 1.10(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews