"The authors have addressed all transactions related issues faced by java developers in a single book."
-Debabrata Panda, Principal Product Manager, EJB & Transactions, Oracle Application Server Development, Oracle Corporation
Java Transaction Processing: Design and Implementation The J2EE transactions guide for serious enterprise developers
This is the definitive guide to leveraging transactions using state-of-the-art J2EE technologies. The authors offer clear, comprehensive explanations of underlying transaction concepts, and deep insights into J2EE and Java from a transactional perspective. They also introduce emerging standards and implementations that will enable broad interoperability across heterogeneous environments-including new Web services standards for building far more reliable systems. Coverage includes:
- The fundamentals of distributed transactions
- Transaction models and their representation in Java, including both JTA and JTS
- Transactional connectivity to relational databases through JDBC
- JMS facilities for local and distributed transactions
- Transactional support provided by Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB)
- Transactional interactions via the Java Connector Architecture (JCA)
- Key J2EE architectural considerations for mission-critical transactional applications
- Planned modifications to J2EE to support new distributed application paradigms
No other book offers developers, architects, and integrators as sophisticated an understanding of J2EE transactions-or more practical guidance on exploiting them in mission-critical applications.
On the Web site:
- Links to trial versions of Oracle Application Server and Arjuna Transaction Service - enterprise-grade commercial implementations of the Java transactional technologies covered in this book.
- Working code downloads for examples in the book.