- Suite for solo cello No. 1 in G major, BWV 1007
- Suite for solo cello No. 2 in D minor, BWV 1008
- Suite for solo cello No. 3 in C major, BWV 1009
- Suite for solo cello No. 4 in E flat major, BWV 1010
- Suite for solo cello No. 5 in C minor, BWV 1011
- Suite for solo cello No. 6 in D major, BWV 1012
- Release Date:
- Channel Classics Nl
Performance CreditsPieter Wispelwey Primary Artist
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
Johann Sebastian Bach: 6 Suites per violoncello solo senza basso [1998 Recording] based on 0 ratings. 1 reviews.
Probably Bach would never writes his cello suites as an academic challenge, but as a joy for the performer. It is surprising that the model of the suites it is just that of the french dance suites. If this is evident, one could only think why this suites are not played as a dance pieces, instead of dense pieces of lutheran music. That is exactly what makes this record out-of-this-world. A dancing Bach, far away from academic sources, from lutheran thinking, more subtle, full of life and spirit. Wispelwey recreates a new and fascinating view on Bach that offers a new perspective on this hard subject: the cello suite. Full of power and energy, absolutely imaginative and renewal, this Wispelwey's performances are a new standard to measure futures performances, and a very enjoyable experience!