Joining Together: Group Theory and Group Skills / Edition 9by David R. Johnson
Pub. Date: 08/05/2005
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
This best-selling text presents a broad, integrative overview of group dynamics in a well researched, readable, and experiential format. This text introduces readers to the theory and research findings needed to understand how to make groups effective, and it helps build the skills required to apply that knowledge in practical situations. More than a textbook,… See more details below
This best-selling text presents a broad, integrative overview of group dynamics in a well researched, readable, and experiential format. This text introduces readers to the theory and research findings needed to understand how to make groups effective, and it helps build the skills required to apply that knowledge in practical situations. More than a textbook, Joining Together illustrates how this knowledge and mastery of skills creates choices, opportunities, and successes for each individual. No competing text offers the scope of coverage and the range of experiential exercises like Joining Together.
New to this Edition:
- The entire text has been extensively edited and designed to ensure a concise and readable presentation.
- References and citations have been updated throughout the text to guarantee the most current and useful research information available.
- Chapter 3, "Group Goals," has been revised to update the discussions of cooperation & competition and trust.
- Chapter 4, "Leadership," incorporates the latest theories and research on effective small group research and illustrates the application of the theory to practical situations in a variety of settings.
- Chapter 9, "Managing Conflict of Interests," now includes the latest and most exciting theory and research on the constructive resolution of conflict, with special attention to the topics of negotiation and mediation.
- Chapter 8, "Controversy and Creativity," has been thoroughly revised to update the discussion of creativity and its relationship to effective group problem-solving.
- New chapter objectives, quizzesand PowerPoints are available to adopters online by contacting your local representative.
Visit www.mylabschool.com for more information!
- Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.96(w) x 9.34(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of Contents
|3||Group Goals and Social Interdependence||71|
|4||Communication Within Groups||139|
|7||Controversy and Creativity||285|
|8||Conflict of Interests||333|
|9||The Use of Power||401|
|10||Dealing With Diversity||443|
|11||Leading Learning and Discussion Groups||467|
|12||Leading Growth and Counseling Groups||485|
|13||Team Development, Team Training||505|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >