Read an Excerpt
Hey, we're Jon Doe & Jayne Doe (no relation, just good friends). We represent people like you who want their voices heard LOUD & CLEAR.
Our world is the world of 7Fs#: friends, fun, fights, family, feelings, fashion, and flirting. It's a lot like your world! We have concerns about the future (another 'F'!) and about getting by in school (no 'F' for that) and in social situations. It's not always easy, and sometimes it's really hard. But we all seem to get thru it somehow.
We want u 2 b part of our circle of friends. We want to know what youand people like you have to say. Sharing our feelings on different sub¬jects can help us to make sense out of this 7F world.
Welcome to Our World
JON & JAYNE'S GUIDE TO ISSUE #1
Things like how to make friends, how to get that guy or girl to notice u, and how to b tru to yourself seem so basic, but these are important issues that we deal w/ every day. They are so basic that we might not even consciously think about them.
Here, in this book, we do think about them, talk about them, complain about them, shout about them, and whisper about them. Why not, we've got a lot to say . . . and we bet you do too!
Be Heard. Be Yourself.
Log on to our website, www.jonandjayne.com, and join the 7F community. Post conundrums, share stories, tell the world, take the surveys, get answers to the quickies, browse the giftshop, solve the drama, and more.
See u there & in here!
•In a new space? Maybe you just moved or started a new school, or a new grade, and you're a little rusty at making friends. Mov¬ing away from everything that's familiar can feel very scary. New faces, new sights and sounds, being the stranger in a crowdso much is happening around you and you want to be part of it. You're just not sure how to go about it.
• Got friends. Need girl? Hanging out with the guys every Saturday nite doesn't seem to be cutting it 4 u anymore. You want some company of the female type, but you get tongue-tied or caught up in trying to act cool and distant when you're around girls. It's not getting you anywhere, is it?
• Crushing on a guy? Got your eye on that one, don't you? You're wondering how to get his attention, how you can get to know him, and how to be true to who u r at the same time. You've got Qs on your mind and want some As to those Qs.
• Quiet, maybe shy? You might feel like you never know what to say or how to say something that's on your mind. When you're feeling like this, it can be hard to imagine yourself opening up and making friends. But we all need friends to some degree, so we'll try to help you make that first step. It may seem scary, but all you need is a little courage.
• Stuck in a clique? Maybe you feel it's time to expand your horizons and step outside your social circleyour comfort zone. You're probably looking forward to approaching new people and situations w/ an open mind.
• Something to say? Maybe you've got a lot to say, and it sometimes seems like no one's listening. In this issue you'll find an outlet for sharing your words and views . . . we're listening!
• Just curious? OK, so you just want to read a good book and get to know what we're all about. You wanna know what people like u r thinking on matters that concern ussome are important, some are trivial, but they all matter one way or another.
In this issue, you'll find 5 keywords. You'll need these to unlock the clues to the Drama.
How will you know when you find a keyword? Easy. We'll say something like, 'So, the keyword here is _________.' Couldn't make it much easier than that!
When you find a keyword, go to jonandjayne. com, click on 'Oh, the Drama' and follow the instructions. Each keyword unlocks a clue. Solve the drama in as few clues as possible.
©2007.Jon Doe, Jayne Doe. All rights reserved. Reprinted from Jon & Jayne's Guide to Making Friends and 'Getting' the Guy (or Girl). No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, without the written permission of the publisher. Publisher: Health Communications, Inc., 3201 SW 15th Street , Deerfield Beach , FL 33442.